Every computer owner will recognize the problem once in his/her lifetime. Some coffee or worse liquid was spoiled on your keyboard and now it has some strange behavior. Some keys are working, some are not.
Before you throw you keyboard in the garbage and are heading for the store to buy a new one, you can try to do the following:
- 1. Disconnect the cable or batteries as soon as possible.
- 2. Put the keyboard in the dishwasher!
- 3. Let it dry (mine did for more then 1 week).
- 4. Reconnect the keyboard cable or insert the batteries and enjoy you perfectly cleaned and working keyboard again.
- First try without using some cleaning soap, only run the dishwasher with warm water (not to hot, because of warping of the plastic housing/keys could occur).
If your dishwasher is using a hot dry option, don’t use it, because of deformation of the keyboard housing and/or keys could occur.
Drying the keyboard can take a few days. Mine needed more then one week, before it was working perfectly again.